Tuesday, February 17, 2009

FW: Commitments!

I got the package!! And everything that was put into it was still in it! The suit looks sweet and I will be looking to get it altered today. I like the blue stripped suit, plus it goes really well with my brown shoes.


This week was pretty sweet; I spent my birthday with Elsie and her family and Scott Silva's family. It was a blast! I went on exchanges with my Zone leader and was able to ask him a ton of questions and learn from him. Elder Bird helped me set some goals for my whole mission that will help push myself to my fullest potential.

I have been taught a lot this week, how to study, how to set goals and how to leave commitments with people that we teach. I saw how the way I was teaching was good, but my leaving a commitment was pretty bad. When we leave commitments as a missionary we are giving a person the chance to repent and to change and to start growing a testimony of Jesus Christ. The importance of this principle hasn't hit me as hard as it has this past week. I have spent a lot of time thinking and praying about what I might have been doing wrong and this week my prayers and questions have been answered. At our last teaching appointment with Elder Bird, we committed this way sweet family to come to church. I simply asked them if they would and they said yes. This is where I would stop, but Elder Bird kept going he asked them, "What are some things that they would have to do in order to get to church?" He brought up the point that would have to start getting the kid's ready earlier and get there cloths ready that they would wear; simple things like that. We told them that we would call them the night before and remind them. Sure enough after my call on Saturday and making sure that they were still a go they made it to church the following day! It really opened my eyes to see what I should improve on and how to help others progress in the gospel.

Transfer calls are this upcoming Saturday and I'm not looking forward to leaving Springdale; it's really weighing heavy on my mind, but whatever happens, happens. For some reason I had the thought that I would be staying here for my whole mission, but I was wrong!
That was the week for me, nothing to exciting other then my companion got sick on Friday and we haven't been out much for the past few days. Tell you what I'm getting really good at helping out sick missionaries and taking care of them. I guess I'm learning more then just the gospel out here eh?

I love you Mom and Dad. I will keep working hard out here for you all. Thank you for your support and I hope that you have a wonderful week and that Breanne has a wonder birthday! Happy Birthday Breanne!!

Love,
Elder David Kelly Conrad

No comments: