Monday, November 10, 2008

FW: The Switch

Hey Mom, I did get the box with all those goods in them! The boots will be fine, I'll most likely use them because I'll be in a bike area over the winter and probably be walking every where. The suits are a little tight on me though, their tight around the chest and the sleeve length are way short, so I'll have to get back to you on what I'm going to do with them, I'll go see if they can be altered next Monday. I got the Garments and one of the sweaters, the other one you ordered was out of stock so they will be sending it later. The Garments and the sweater fit perfect. Thank you so very much for doing that for me!It's really gotten cold this past week and you saved me just in time.
I have so much that I want to say that I don't know where to start. My companion and I kind of switched places this week, he put me in charge of planning out the days and making sure appointments and exchanges were set. It's been a growing experience that I really hated at first! But with his help he has shown me how to be a good planner and how to keep everything in mind all at the same time. That might not make sense, so maybe I can explain it this way; we meet a lot of people each day and establish relationships with each and every one of them. We talk with them and listen to things they tell us and gather information about each and every single one of them. So it's really hard sometimes to remember facts about any one certain person and be able to recall that when it's needed. Every thing we do, or at least this is how I see it, is built on relationships. Either it's Relationships with the members, investigators, my companion and the Spirit. So when it comes to planning, for me, its remembering peoples needs, remembering when they are home, or what they are doing for the week and being able to be quick to observe all these things and plan out the day using the Spirit as a guide.
So this week I have been getting a taste of why missionary work is going to be that hardest thing that I will every do in my life. I'm responsible with other peoples souls and that is the greatest responsibility anyone can be given.
We met our next door neighbor this Sunday, we were standing outside the apartment waiting to be picked up for PEC and he came out and told us our suits looked good. Elder Harrison was on the phone so I was the only one that heard him and turned to talk with him. He told me that he had met other missionaries and that he had some questions about the church, so I told him how Christ set up his church on the earth and how it was rejected and was taken from the earth. I told him that that church has been restored and that we have a prophet on the earth today. It wasn't that smooth when I was talking to him, I start to speak faster and sometimes trip over words but that's the jist of what was said. He said that he would like to hear more and that we could come over some time. I asked him if 7 that night would be ok and he said sure. So 7 comes around and we met with him. We talk to him abit and get to know him and he's a big computer guy, has a ton of servers and things in his apartment and has all the newest gaming systems. He gets on the computer which is hooked up to his big screen and we teach him a first lesson off the T.V. He asked us questions about the second coming and about Christ resurrection, and we explained to him about how Christ came to Jerusalem and told the apostles that he has other sheep that he is going to visit and told Mark that the Book Of Mormon is a record of the other sheep and that he visited the America's. We left him a Book of Mormon and went to our next appointment. It's so sweet to be out here and to be a missionary!
So how is every one else doing? I have felt like I needed to write Erin back but haven't gotten the time, I will get to it today though and I'll be writing Cori as well. It's so sweet to have our family growing and changing. I love you all and hope all is well, I've got to go

Love
Elder David Kelly Conrad

No comments: