Saturday, June 20, 2009

FW: Slow Miracles!

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Ann Conrad [mailto:caconrad.ms@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 10:18 PM
To: 'caconrad.ms.kellysmission@blogger.com'
Subject: Slow Miracles!

Alright so I called it last week when I said that we were going to be seeing the miracles coming, this past week we found a way sweet family that we are going to be teaching this coming Tuesday and I cannot wait for it! Whenever I find someone new to teach I get way excited! Their names are Brandon and Teresa. Elder Clinger had OTM'd Brandon our first week together at an apartment complex when we had split up to talk to different people. At that time Brandon was moving, so we got his information, but he was kind of forgotten about. Well last Saturday we tracted out this neighborhood on the other side of town and we knocked into Brandon and his wife Teresa, they were way receptive and happy to see us! They were on their way out so we couldn't teach them right then so we set up an appointment for Tuesday! Man I am way pumped for Tuesday!

The Ward is slowly getting that wakeup call that they have needed. Last Sunday we had a high counselor come and speak to us and he gave us missionaries a huge plug! To give you a little history of this area; I have not been one exchange with a ward member here! We have assigned days and people to do them but they always cop out; there is no real sense of commitment here. Well when this high counselor talked to us he told the ward that they need to shape up and go on exchanges and to do their own missionary work! Man it was so sweet! I could feel a change in that church building when he was talking to us. I have been really praying hard that we would start getting the wards help and the Lord is slowly answering my prayers.

This week I have really been put through my paces. We talked to two very anti-Mormon people this week and met several others that wanted to warmly contend with us. After talking to these people my testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith have grown a ton! Elder Clinger and I have come to the conclusion that the Oklahoma Tulsa Mission is a European mission. I think my testimony is growing to getting me ready for the challenge that is coming up this next Sunday. Elder Clinger and I are going to a Unitarian church and we are going to teach a whole congregation about our beliefs and the Restoration, and when we are done we will be having an open floor to have questions asked. Man it is going to be the experience of a life time! So I will let you know if do any converting of whole congregations. I read today the story of Aaron converting 7 Lamanite cities after converting King Lamoni and his father, not comparing myself to Aaron or anything, but I love dreaming big.

The weather is very hot and very muggy, It's 88 degrees outside and its 90 percent humidity as well, every time I walk outside, or get out of the car I let out a little "Wow!" because I'm not used to it yet. Those shirts came just in time.

This week we got caught in a pretty nasty storm out in the middle of nowhere. We almost got to see a tornado! We saw at least 2 funnels forming; man we were so freaked out because we had nowhere to go! We hid out at a Wal-Mart that was in the town we were just outside of. I got some of it on camera, you'll have see it and hear how freaked out we were.

This weekend we will be getting transfer calls and once again I have no real clue as to whether I'm going or staying. I'll do whatever I guess and I'll love it. Mom I did get the garments and they are much appreciated, they have saved me! My companion has been telling me about this place called CTR clothing; it's like missionary mall, but its better quality and has better selections, especially on polyester ties! Hint hint

Love,
Elder D. Kelly Conrad

No comments: