Monday, June 1, 2009

Week of Power!

Alright, this is sweet, I'm finally getting to have a normal preparation day and I don't feel so rushed. This past week has yielded some very important and powerful lessons for me and my missionary efforts. I have successfully learned how to handle rejection. Mountain Home doesn't have as nice of a feel to it as Miami did and when we hit the doors it is hard to find anyone who is open enough to even entertain the message we have to share. I guess with all of their "quick to judge" attitudes they are doing themselves a disfavor, but here is where I am learning a huge lesson. With people who are quick to reject us, I am learning to more effective in the few precious seconds that they do listen. Parts of the lesson I have learned is in the delivery and the boldness of the message and bearing strong testimony of the Restoration. Another part of the lesson that I'm learning is that it's just as important to have a powerful OTM and be a good example while on the street and off the street. Meaning being a missionary everywhere I go. As Elder Clinger and I have talked about what we can do better so that we see more success we have come to a couple of conclusion, get 20 OTMs a day, plan 6 lessons every day, and be exactly obedient!

I have found a very powerful scripture this week that has helped me gain a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon and that it truly is a book that was translated by Joseph Smith. Its Mosiah 7:33, "But if you will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage." The power and strength that this scripture came as I was trying to go to bed a few nights ago and I was reciting it over and over in my head and I was slowly able to apply the principle being taught in it into my life. It came to me as a thought, "Elder Conrad I will deliver you if you will serve me with all your mind!" Thus far on my mission I have proved that I was will to serve Him with all my might, but now He is showing me that it's time for me to serve him with all my mind. So I've committed myself to memorize a scripture a day and it has really helped me stay focused on missionary work.

It's been tough getting things going here, but things are slowly getting better, Elder Clinger and I are starting to get used to each other's teaching habits and are able to teach in unity. He's a very strong companion and has really helped me learn a lot.
The other day while we were out tracting an apartment complex we came across a lady named Kim. We started to chat with her and were kind of shut down when she told us to leave because she was having a hard time. Kim told us that she had just found out that she had cancer and that she was struggling with it. We bore testimony about Gods love for her and how the Savoir knows how to help her. It was one of the most powerful short lessons ever! While we were talking to her we got the prompting to say a prayer right there and asked Kim is she wouldn't mind. It was so powerful and we could see that Kim felt the Spirit as powerfully as we did. We got a return appointment and we are going back this week so hopefully she will remember the witness that was bore to her the other day.

That's all for now!

Love,
Elder D. Kelly Conrad

No comments: