Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Reminiscing Elder Kelly Conrad

Mom and Dad 15 Feb 2010

So I'm sitting here watching some of my old mission videos and
it's so sweet! I really miss those days! It's really eye opening to look at
them and think about what the next lesson is. These past few weeks have
given me alot of time to review and think about past lessons that are
supposed to be used in the present.

Last week was a draining one, but there has been a lot of
progress. After the zone conference week the mission has a renewed spirit
about it and its picking up. Things are getting organized and I feel really
good about the future.

We are still working with Shuanta; she is still looking forward
to her baptism, even though we are having a hard time finding time to teach
her with our schedule and hers.

This past week I learned the importance of asking questions and
listening. We were taught in zone conference about invitations for baptism
and along with that came some additional skills. I learned how to better use
the power of silence during lessons. Elder Holland teaches us in Preach My
Gospel that when we listen with love we won't need to wonder what to say
because the Spirit and the words that people speak will tell us what to say.
As Elder Hancock and I did some role plays this past week I have seen how
this is true. We acted as if we were investigators that we had taught before
in our past areas and practiced baptismal invites. As we went through this
role play I felt the Spirit bring understanding and the knowledge of what to
say. It has been this past week that has taught me how it is that I can
better understand and recognize the Spirit. It has really made a world of
difference. I notice things more now and I am looking for small promptings.
I have been amazed at how often small thoughts are and can be given.

I had a good birthday, Elder and Sister Bowers threw a surprise
party for me on Friday, which was really nice of them. Those two are my
favorite people. Elder Bowers is almost 70 years old, but he is able to keep
up with us elders.

That's all for this week. I love you and thank you for the
package and all that you are doing for me!

Love,

Elder Conrad

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all
copies of the original message.

No comments: