Monday, July 12, 2010

last transfer Elder Kelly Conrad

Dear Mom and Dad, 11 July 2010

Well I am getting transferred. I will serve In Springfield, Mo
with Elder Clinger for my last six weeks. My new address will be:

1005 E. Division St apt A

Springfield, Mo 65803

I will be there by Thursday Afternoon.

It's kind of a sad transition, but a very exciting one at the
same time. I have made countless goals for when I get the chance to be a
normal missionary again, and now I get the change to work towards them.
These last six weeks are going to be the best six weeks of my mission. I
won't have to worry about an awkward transition with a new companion because
I will be serving with someone I've already served with. It's kind of
fitting, I don't know how to explain how it will be a good experience
serving with him again, but let's just say that it isn't going to be like
serving in Mountain Home.

This week we went on three exchanges. I got to go back to Fort
Smith and have some really neat experiences there. When I first got there we
went to Sister Wyatt's house to contact some of her neighbors and do some
finding. Sister Wyatt came home while we were there so I got to see her and
see that she is doing really well. After that we went tracting. At the end
of the power hour of tracting, as we were walking back to the car, someone
drove by that looked familiar that pulled over to talk to us. It was Alina!
She was at Sister Wyatt's and was driving to go get a haircut and saw us. It
was not by chance that she came into town and that we were walking on that
street at that moment. She lives in Alma now and has no real reason for
being in Fort Smith, other than to visit her Grandma. And I hadn't told
anyone specifically that I was going to be in Fort Smith. It just so
happened that we met again. Having the chance to see her and ask her about
her life and the changes she has made brought me a lot of joy. Sometimes I
get down on myself because I haven't seen the success that normal
missionaries have because of serving where I have these past few months, and
I think the Lord is very aware of that. While talking to Alina, I found out
that she has been dating a returned missionary, and that plans could lead to
a temple. I know that the Lord is aware of me and my concerns, and that He
lets me know that I am doing a good job. Every time little things like this
happen I learn a little bit more about God and His nature.

This past transfer has been the crazy of my entire mission. It
just seemed like our companionship was tested in every way, shape and form.
Every day was unpredictable. I felt like it was the most submissive six
weeks of my life. I can't even begin to explain what I mean by that. There
is one thing that my mission has made me fully confident in, and that is
that God does fulfill his promises and that He can turn everything into a
good experience for those who seek it.

I will still need to keep my bike for the next few weeks, but
it will come home sometime in August. Tomorrow I will do a dry run of
packing my bike up and seeing what else I can fit in with it. I hope that I
can get everything I want to send home in it too so that I can just mail one
box home. Mailing a bike box home with the amount of stuff that I plan on
mailing with it might cost anywhere from 50 to 80 dollars.

I love you family and thank you for all that have sacrificed for
me to be out here. I hope that I can make the most of the sacrifice.

Love,

Elder Kelly Conrad

No comments: