Monday, October 13, 2008

long week end

So this will be the Fourth and final try to write this letter! You all wont understand what I mean by this but I will in two years and I will remember how frustrating it was and how some one really didn't want me to share what im going to share.
I have had really rough weekend and have gone through a trials set up to refine me and to give me growth. I have had all my prayers answered and have had a certain lesson taught to me by several means. Megan sent me a letter in the middle of me going through a time in the refiner's fire. She send with it an article called "a Disciples Journey" it has really opened my eyes and has let me see and understand what is all going on around me. I know that every thing that I have ever gone through has been for my benefit and has happened because God has let it happen to me. Instead of me asking Why me? Or Why this? Or Why now? I ask what I am supposed to learn from this. I've been thinking about why I have been given so many weaknesses and have come to this small truth, Trials are how God will turns our weakness into our strengths, and if I have a lot of weaknesses I can have a lot of strengths! The key is to look at trials as growing opportunities and ask the Lord in prayer what you are to learn from what you are going through. I've been asking for the lord to change my weaknesses into strengths and I have been given my answer. Every hard time is like every pass of a diamond over the grinders stone, every time I walk up to someone and share the gospel I am being touched by that grinder being shaped into what the Lord wants me to be, and I desire to be who He wants me to be. You must feel pain to fully appreciate joy, and boy do I love joy!
We must walk through our own Gethsemanes to grow and be changed and to fully understand that event that happened 2000 years ago that makes it possible for us all to have the opportunity to return back to our Father in Heaven. I have a testimony that if you have this desire to seek to learn and to grow from trials and keep going to the Lord and enduring it he will make you whole and will show you what you are to learn and become. I know this is true and want you all to know that it is to.

Mom that's way sweet about the suits, just mail them to the links dr address caz hopefully I will be going back there after this whole mess is taken care of, also I have to buy a new seat and have to fix the bearings in my bike, ill write a separate letter explaining, sorry:P

I love you all and hope you all are doing well

Elder David Kelly Conrad

No comments: