Tuesday, January 20, 2009

FW: Another Six Weeks Go At It!

Well, Transfers have come and gone and the reality of me serving here for 6 more weeks is setting in. It will make six months in my training area, which I hear is not that common, I question if I haven't done what I am supposed to do here yet. It was really hard to see my last companion leave, especially because of the short time that he spent here.

My new companion is from Orem, Utah and marks my third companion that is from Utah. He is the youngest of eight and has one brother and the rest are sisters. He is really shy and has three months left in his mission. I am still getting to know him, so I'll tell you more next week.

The week has been a fun challenging week. With getting a new companion and having the area on my back for a while till he gets to know the area and the weather staying cold and riding our bikes in it. Biking is fun; we met tons of people on the street so there is nothing to complain about. One family that I mentioned before was Frank and Sonya. We met with them last weeks and had a really good lesson with them, their three children are really smart and really open, it's like we are close friends. They told us how the previous week they had had three deaths in the family. It didn't look like it shook them up to bad; in fact you could tell by what they said and how they acted that they knew that it happened for a reason and that they know God has a plan for us all. I can't wait to meet with them again and teach them about the Plan of Salvation and show them that He really does have a plan for them.

We have made a lot of progress with Randa, Elsie's grand daughter. We taught her and one of her friends the last night I was with my old companion and it was really powerful. We asked them tons of questions and got them really thinking about there own faiths and what they really believe in. One question that really got them stomped was, "Where does it say that after Jesus Christ and Peter, we don't need a prophet?" I read a talk this morning by Elder Holland called "My words never cease" and I think we will read that with them the next time we met with them. It answers that very question and explains very plainly and powerfully why we need a prophet along with the Book of Mormon.
This reminds me, one of my new favorite scriptures is Mormon Seven; it tells us what the purpose of the Book of Mormon is and that if we really believe in the Bible we will believe in it.

Gotta go.

Love you all,
Elder David Kelly Conrad

P.S. Today is my Five month mark! Woot Woot! Times just flying by now!

No comments: