Monday, January 5, 2009

The Long New Years!

This past transfer has helped me see a lot in me that I need to change, and with the new year comes resolutions. One goal I have for myself, not for just this year, but for a while, is to listen more to the spirit. For example, I can tell some one the gospel is true and show them why and how it's true using the Bible and the Book of Mormon. As my mission President says, "We know that the Book of Mormon is true, we have evidence of it, so when you talk to people, its not that the truthfulness of the Book Of Mormon is one trial, it's the person we are talking to that's on trial". When we talk to people we have to listen to the spirit, because the spirit is telling us what a certain individual needs to hear in order to bring them closer to Christ. So that's one goal, another is to know the scriptures. I started to read the Old Testament and have learned a lot from it. So if I keep my reading up I can use what I learn to help others and help answer questions. I set some more goals with President Seal as well.

We taught this awesome family on Saturday. We have been trying to meet with them since the first week in the transfer, but kept missing them. SO this night we went by and they were home and invited us right in. We started to get to know them all and found out that they make tools for craftsmen. They have three children, Shannon, Devon and Katie, and the mother and father's names are Sonya and Frank. We taught I very simple and powerful first lesson. They asked sincere questions about there being a prophet on the earth, and how Christ set up a church while he was on the earth. The best part about the whole lesson, other then the spirit being strong and them being sincere, was that Frank showed us his truck. He has a 1972 C-10, white with blue pearl paint job, and he has a 454 that has been machined out to like a 520, with Hydraulic lifters, holly four barrel, aluminum edelbrock manifold, and all chrome pulley system. It wasn't in the truck so I was able to take a look see I love the gospel, but man that was the highlight of my day. So we talked motor talk for a little bit, which was way funny because my companion had no idea what we were talking about. It was a little pay back for what he does to me some times, lol. So that was my week, oh yeah I have another sweet bike wreck story to tell, but anyone who wants to hear it might just have to write me, or wait till next week.

Elsie and her family have been really fellowshipped by the ward; they all have callings and are strong members. In fact we have the Scates family, one of the sweetest families in our ward, to invite Elsie and her family over for FHE. The reason being is because we are now working on Randa, Joanna's sister, who has come to church and loves the people. So I can't wait to see what happens there.

Love your son,
Elder David Kelly Conrad

No comments: