Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Week After Christmas

The rest of Christmas day was very fun. We ate dinner at the Jarrett's house, and then at 5 we had dinner at the Simons house and at 7 we arte at the Murphy's'. I tell you what; Thanks giving really prepared me for Christmas in the fact that I had tons of room for food! When we got to our last dinner appointment Elder Jacobson turned to me and said he couldn't eat anymore. So we said a little prayer before we went in and asked for the room to eat the meal. The funny part about it was when we left he tells me he was about to burst and I told him that I was a little sad because the Sis Murphy took my plate away before I had seconds  When I told him that all he could do was laugh and try to keep everything he ate down. We did get doggy bags at every house, so now our fridge is full of good food and we didn't have to buy food this week.
My companion and I had to give talks this past Sunday! His topic was "traditions of our Fathers" and mine was "Do you know who you are?" Both based of conference talks from this last one. This whole week Elder Jacobson has been pretty stressed out about it. He said that he couldn't fill 20 minutes and that I would have to make up the rest of the time. This had me nervous because I have never been able to talk to long. I don't know if bishop ever notice when I gave talks, but I shake so bad. But it all went well, he gave a way powerful talk on giving our families traditions of missionary work, and it was 18 minutes long. Then I got up there and talked, and this time I wasn't shaking at all. I was able to give my talk as I had prepared it and got my point across. Which was, if we truly know who we are, and know what we have been given; i.e. the plan of salvation and the real meaning of life, we must share that with everyone because they are all sons and daughters of God. I was pretty stoked about it because I wasn't shaking up on the stand, and that I didn't trip over my words to much. It was a way fun and growing experience for me.
I met with my mission president this past Monday; he told me that I will most likely be transferred in two weeks. I'm looking forward to the growth that will come with it. He also answered some questions that I had and helped with my confidence. His talk in our district meeting helped out as well, it was about having faith to baptize and how we can grow faith. I have some new goals now because of what I learned from him.
Well there's not much to write today. The day after Christmas we went back to doing missionary work, which was kind of slow because not a lot of people where out side. So we rode around trying to find new investigators and people to teach. Nothing to exciting, sorry there is not much to write about.
Mom I asked my President Seal if you could call him and let him know where Tyler will be going when he gets his call and he said that that would be awesome, his number is 4796719578. He will call me after you call him.
I got to go, but I will be writing hand written letters later today, I love you and thank you for your support.

Love your son
Elder David Kelly Conrad

No comments: