Tuesday, January 27, 2009

FW: Big O' Ice Storm!!

This past weeks has been another one of those trials that brings growth. Where to start, well the coolest thing about this week is the other day it started to rain freezing rain. It started on the way home from Zone conference in Rogers. It's normally a twenty minutes drive in good weather, but it took us two and a half hours to get home. And now it's getting worse! When you walk outside you here loud noises that sound like gun fire, when it's really tree branches breaking and falling! So while at Wal-mart I bought the game of RISK because we will be inside for the next few days.
I learned a lot at Zone Conference and made a lot of new friends. The most important lesson I learned was how to commit some one. When a missionary commits some one he is calling them to repent and to change. I have been giving commitments, but have not been doing a good job of following up on them. So that will be one of my focus this transfer along with a 90 day challenge President Seal gave us.
We have been able to meet with a bunch of new people, some new investigators and some less-actives that we have been trying to visit with for a long time, so that's really good.
I better make this short because transformers have been blowing up out side!
I'm still dealing with those problems I wrote you about and have come to the conclusion that this is all happening because I am being raised to be some one. I've just got to keep doing what I've got to do and not let anyone stop me from doing it. Lol, that sounds like some lame movie quote!
I love the people here and they love me for some reason. People from the ward have been calling us all day and have been asking if we are ok and if we need anything, it's so cool! How did you like talking to Sis Simon? I love her and her husband! I got to spend most of the day with Bro Simon moving a less-active last Saturday and had a blast. We have made plans for me and him to travel the world after my mission. He is the funniest Pilipino!
Well I better go, I love you and hope you all have a good weeks!
I'll write more in a letter since I will be stuck inside for the next day or so.

Love your son,
Elder David Kelly Conrad

No comments: