Tuesday, March 24, 2009

FW: The Big MIlestone!

This week has been a very good week. I went on two exchanges that have really helped me see how to do missionary work better. I can't quite explain how it really happened but it was done.

These past 3 weeks have prepared me for the lesson that was taught to me this past Friday while I was on an exchange with my Zone leader, Elder Blunck, here in Miami. I love going on exchanges because I get the chance to pick the brain of a more successful and more experienced missionary. As I asked Elder Blunck all the questions that I had on my mind and I learned several things. First I learned that there is always going to be things that are hard to do, next I learned how to better follow the prompting of the Spirit by watching his attitude and example. Earlier that day we had the exchange, we had Zone leader follow up, which is a kind of district meeting that is put on by our zone leaders. Well, at this meeting Elder Blunck taught us how keep the fire of doing missionary work. He used Jeremiah as an example of someone who saw no real success and how he almost forsook the Savior, but he couldn't because of the fire which was in him. The fire is the Holy Ghost, and what I learned from his talk was that there is a sure way to have the Holy Ghost and that is by reading the scriptures and living the gospel. He used a scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants that illustrated that the Spirit quickens things. Quickens means to make a life. So in a roundabout way and through certain connections that I drew in my mind I was taught how to handle situations that might be discouraging and keeping me from doing what is hard. It's all about attitude and where my hope lays.

During a lesson with the Hughletts I read a scripture in 2 Nephi 31 that furthered my learning from that district meeting. The last two verses answered the question of where my hope needs to be. As I read it was like the Spirit slapped me and told me to wake up and that I have had the answer all along, but that I actually needed to apply it into my life. The scriptures tells me that I must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect hope in Him and to have an attitude that I must hope for all good things through Him! So now I have hope and that hope is helping me to do all the hard things that I will be subjected to for the rest of my life. A pretty big mile stone I think because now I have the fire that Jeremiah had, even when facing adversity. This wasn't my funniest lesson learned by far, but I am thankful for my Heavenly Father teaching me this.

I'm seeing a lot of blessing happen here. We have two people with baptism dates and two more on the way. Richard (the guy who came up to us at Wal-Mart) is doing good, except for the fact that he is moving to New York to be closer to family and live in a nursing home. We will get his address and get some missionaries up there to visit him. Now that he is leaving we have six real investigators that we are teaching. They are all very solid and I am very excited to see them progress in the gospel .
I'm trying my best to set a good example for Elder Robinson and to help him to improve. He has really come along way and It makes me happy to see his improvement. As I progress, he progresses, that is my goal.
Well this is my week, there is always more to write, but there is never enough time. If I ever come home we might have more time. I love you all and know that you are all being taken care of.

Love,
Elder David Kelly Conrad

No comments: