Monday, March 9, 2009

Pulling a Wall over!

Well it's been another week and I feel as if I have been here for an eternity; which is a good thing feeling. This week has been tough and rewarding, what I like to call a catch 22 week. Our finding efforts haven't yielded all that much and had me discouraged by the end of the week. But that's alright because this week is going to be a lot better.

Well I found out that my companion wasn't as overly anxious as I thought him to be, but that's alright, I know that getting into the hang of things takes some time. So I'll be whipping him into shape. I say this using my judgment on where I want to be and where I would like my companion to be so that we are unified and effective.

I love tracting because I have gotten out of my fear of talking to others and I get to share what I have with others, the only down side to tracting is the alarming percentage of people who reject us and the testimony that we share with them. When we had nothing to do one day I got us to go out and meet our neighbors, which was really neat. The reason why I thought to do it was because I figured if anyone should know who we are it should be them. We offered them our services when ever they need them and I think I might be helping our land lord, who lives next door, with putting siding on her house.

This week has been filled with trial and error. I am finding out what works and what doesn't and am refining my effectiveness as a missionary and a spreader of the gospel. That's the only way that I can describe this past week. There were a lot of good things that happened, and bad things, and I have been focusing on the bad things, which is not good! So this week I will be focusing on the positive.

I love you Mom and Dad and thank you for all that you all are doing for me! My time is up and I have to go.


Love,
Elder David Kelly Conrad

No comments: