Monday, March 2, 2009

Welcome To Miami!!

Alright, I have been super busy this past week with getting packed and moving out of Springdale, Arkansas and moving here to Miami, Oklahoma. I have been sick during the whole week and have just now gotten over it. I was super sad that I had to leave my home there in Har-Ber and all the people that I have gotten to know and to love, but this new area has got me so tied up and busy that I really don't have time to think of anything more then missionary work.

My new companion, Elder Robinson, came out with me in my district, so we arlready knew each other before I got here. I love my new companion because he has a desire to be obedient and to work hard. I would describe it as this, he will uphold any rightoues decicion that I make as senoir companion and he will help me carry the yoke. So I am super excited about being here. I have already meet most of the ward and have gotten to know them. The ward in tiny, but we has a 14 page ward rastory, so the ward and us have our work cut out for us.

Mom do you remember those times when I was little and I would just laugh and giggle and nothing could ever stop me? It seemed like it would happen during prayers or times where it wasn't really that appropriate, well that's how excited I am about this place. When ever I think about how we are going to work hard here and do things by relying on Heavenly Father I can't stop from smiling!

I was able to bear my testimony to the ward on Sunday and I feel that we will have their support. I feel that the only way that we will get any real missionary work done here will be because the members will trust us and that they will catch the missinary fever that Elder Robinson and I have. I am super stoked to be here and to be in this ward! I am expecting big things in the next 12 weeks here and pray that I will be able to give my all and do the Lords will here and not my own.

Love
Elder David Kelly Conrad

No comments: