Monday, July 20, 2009

Short and Sweet!

Well things are still going good, I'm alive and well and I'm keeping hydrated. This past week has been pretty crazy. It feels like time is flying faster and faster and when I look back it seems like I haven't accomplished much. It's amazing to me to think that Zone conference was only last Monday. It feels like it was at least a month ago. So I won't write about that.

On Thursday while we were at a dinner appointment at Sister North's her 5 year old, ADHD kid named Jay and I played a game. It was called "stop Jay from throwing Elder Conrad's planner in the toilet", it didn't go very well. Every time he would get past me in the hall way and into the bathroom I would stop him. Well he got a little smart and ran to another bathroom that I didn't know about. I almost beat him to it, but when I got to him it was too late, it was already in the toilet. A missionary's planner here in the OTM means everything and now mine is all warped and crinkled. But it was an awesome game and it was worth it!

Mark Hemrick is getting baptized this Friday and I am very excited for it. He has come along way and I have been able to see him and his family mends the broken relationships that they have had over these past few weeks. Its amazing what humility, family prayer, and Family home evening can do!
Some thing that I am learning is to not care what I think others might think of me. I'm not to sure how well I am learning this lesson, but it is a good skill to have as a missionary. This past week I have felt very small and very inadequate. Things that are happening around me are stretching me and I am leaning more and more on prayer and faith.

I am having a tough time remembering things lately. If you have ever notice while reading the scriptures the word remember is used a lot. And when you come to a story about some one forgetting something it is always bad.

Well that's all for this week. Keeping it short and sweet as some one might say ;)
Love,
Elder D Kelly Conrad

PS, I'll write more in the letter.
PPS, today is my 11 month mark!! WOOT WOOT!!

No comments: