Friday, August 14, 2009

FW: Transfers!

We've been out of town, sorry this is the first chance I've had to forward Kelly's email.

-----Original Message-----
From: david conrad [mailto:elderconrad@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 1:23 PM
To: caconrad@charter.net
Subject: Transfers!


Mom-
Well things are going good. Several things have happened this week that has made things pretty interesting. Fort Smith and the few towns we cover around it would compare to the size of all of the Tri-Cities and this past week we have been with out a car and have been back on the bikes! The Mazda we are driving has been having some engine problems and the shop we took it too needed to have it for a couple of days. Today when we got it back it felt like Christmas morning when we got our car back.
Elder Harrison is leaving this week to go to Joplin, Mo and Elder Buhler will be taking his place. I will be training Elder Buhler as a new zone leader. The sweet thing is that Elder Buhler took my spot in Mountain Home as district leader and I know that we are going to work hard and see miracles.
I have learned a lot from serving with Elder Harrison again. During the past week as he has taken a step back and let me run things I see now a lot of what it was that he was training me to do and that it has prepared me for being a better leader. I have gained more common sense, an ability to be confident in myself, and the ability to be quicker to observe. It's amazing how struggle makes growth. I am not normally one to want to go through struggles but Elder Harrison has pushed me and walked with me so that I could learn this lesson.
This last Sunday we went to Greenwood and did a member MTC with the Sister Missionaries, Sister Morris and Sister Hill. All four of us had 10 minutes apiece to give instruction on topics that we were assigned. Mine was how to bring up the gospel with non member friends. It was so neat to stand up in front of 20 plus people and not be nervous. The instruction went very well. It was mostly about preparing for times to share the gospel, and then when the time comes to act and share truths that you actually know and have a testimony of.
That's it for this week. Love ya!


Elder D. Kelly Conrad

No comments: