Monday, August 31, 2009

FW: Fulfilling My Purpose!

Things continue to go well. I am learning a lot about what kind of missionary I want to become and I working on not letting others really determine what I want to be.

This past week has been very exciting! We had 4 four investigators at church. Hilde is doing very well. The ward has really done a great job in fellowshipping her and making sure that she is invited and welcomed. She has yet to still over come her Word of Wisdom problems, but she is very hopeful. We gave her a triple the other day because she wants to start reading the Doctrine and Covenants! She is so solid! She's signed up to feed us this week and she's going to relief society activities and everything! Its amazing how much members need to help and what is done when they help.

We didn't baptize Tido this weekend his mom got a new job that kept her from making it to the baptism, but we reset a date for the 22 of September and we will be baptizing Tido and his little sister Erica who is turning eight the week of the 22. The ward has really done a good job in fellowshipping Tido and Erica's mother Sou.

We have been teaching a lady named Mary for a few weeks now and have set a date with her on the fifth of Sept. She came to church yesterday and loved it! She has a hard time reading so we got her some tapes that have the Book of Mormon on it. She is so sweet!

We also got Roy and Teresea to church. They are a couple that we helped move into an apartment one morning while we were out tracting. We don't have a date with them yet, but we will be setting one soon.

Things are going vey well here and I am way excited because things are going to get even busier. We have several part member families that we are going to start teaching this week and the referrals from the ward are coming is as well. Elder Buhler is getting better; I am really focusing on helping him get more organized and confident in himself.

My goal this week is to become an even better planner and become more effective, making sure that I follow up with everyone I talk to and everyone that I set an appointment with and making sure that I follow the Spirit in all that I do, because I have really noticed that when you plan by the Spirit things really work out better and I am always where I am suppose to be.

On Sunday all four of us missionaries here in Fort Smith gave talks. Between us all we covered the Plan of Salvation. I got the tail end of the talk, meaning I covered the Spirit world, resurrection, judgment and kingdoms of glory. It was very powerful and as I listened to the other Elders I realized that don't have as deep of an understanding, or scriptural support of the Plan of Salvation as I do for the Atonement, and restoration of the church. We hardly ever get to the point with people where we teach them the Plan of Salvation. Until they have a testimony of the Book of Mormon or understand the great apostasy we don't move on, of coarse that's not always the case, but for the most part it's how I do missionary work. So my focus this week will to gain a deeper understanding of the Plan of Salvation.

Well I've got to go, we are playing basketball with the Spanish Elders and the Greenwood Sisters and some other people and we still have to get our laundry done. So hopefully I will be able to get a letter out to you.

Love your son,
Elder D Kelly Conrad

No comments: