Monday, October 19, 2009

And Its All Coming Together Now!!

This past week I have just learned the thing that I have been searching for my whole mission. All the skills I have learned and all the abilities that I have so diligently strive to gain and that I have been blessed with have caused me to see the grand picture of missionary work and why we do it. I have also learned how to do missionary work the way I am supposed to and how to asses wither or not Healy Father is pleased with my efforts. It's like the conference talk that mentioned the mountain and seeing the whole picture. I have spent so much time at looking at the ground and the little progress I thought I was making and something has made me turn around and see how far I had made it up the mountain. Now I have a whole new perspective on missionary work, and every aspect that comes with this great work.
This past week I have been sick and I had made things pretty miserable I will not lie. Having a million things to keep in order and not being able to focus, or have energy to do anything has really made me stretch and use shear will power to get things done. And it brought some amazing miracles with it.
We are slowly over coming Sou and her families concerns. We over came the problem they were having with the kids not respecting their mother by having a very strict lesson with them and setting some standards. They are now not aloud to be louder then a 5, or they call it their inside voice, and they are telling their mother every night that they love her, or when they get into fights. We got them some cloths to come to church, and they are set to come this next Sunday. The reason they didn't make it this past Sunday was because they think that it is boring, so this next week Elder Buhler and I are going to sit with them and play paper games, like hang man, tic tac toe, and other games. It might not be the best thing to do, but they are only eight and ten years old, so we will give them some ideas on how to keep entertained during sacrament.
We went by to see how Mary S. this past week and we found her eighteen year old daughter whose name is Bre and we taught her at the door and set up a return appointment for later in the day. We went back and we have been meeting with her every day for the past four days and she came to church last Sunday. She is one of the elect that we have been commanded to find and she is ready and willing to except the gospel. She said that first night she prayed about the Book of Mormon and the church she couldn't get to sleep because all she was thinking was, "The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints." Several of the young women in the ward knew her from school and now she has the perfect fellow shippers. Bre is coming to play basketball today at three and she is way excited for it!
Last night after teaching Bre the Plan of Salvation we went over to Angels to see how getting her patriarcle blessing was and we witnessed another miracle. Her brother Dustin has been prepared to finally make the changes needed to join the church. Dustin admitted to us last night that he has received and answer to his prayer and that he has been fighting it since he received it, which was almost a year ago when I taught him in Springdale!! We have him on a prayer and study program and we are also helping him quit smoking so he can get baptized in two weeks!! Along with that, Candice is getting more and more receptive and her heart is softening! It will only be a matter of time before the whole family will be members of the church! I have waited so patiently for this and my joy is almost full because of all the events that have happened these past few days.
I have really focused on my prayer lately and have applied things that I have been learning from my scripture study and words from the living apostles and I see a major difference.
Well that's all for this week, earlier today we helped some people move into their new house and we are going to the hospital later today to help some other people out and we are going over to Dustin and Angels house to help them with some stuff, and we have basketball at three, our day is packed! I've started to hand write you a letter, so you will get one this week.

Love-
Elder Conrad

PS, When I move to my new area on the sixth of November you can send me more vitamins and super food, that would be good, along with my winter cloths I sent home, the temperature has dropped and winter is coming fast.

No comments: