Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Elder W. Tyler Conrad 1st letter

It has been the most amazing experience of my life to come here and devote all of my time and consecrate it to the Lord. I have learned many many things that I can apply to myself and others.

Thank you for all of the precious letters you all send I am grateful everytime I get one and will write back anyone that sends one to me.

Truthfully the first couple of days were easy for me. I could finally let go of everything that was back at home and immerse myself into this work. Then I think I soaked up A LOT and found there were mental changes I needed to have to continue on. I felt it about Saturday night and Sunday were probably the hardest for me while going through these mental and also physical changes but I have prayed A LOT and the Lord has helped me to get through it. I testify that if you pray for the Lords help he will and wants to help. I pray for the spirit just about every single prayer that it will be with me and those that I teach.

I met a teacher here at the MTC that was Kelly's companion. He said Kelly was an awesome missionary. I also told some elders who were going to the OTM that they should look out for Elder Conrad that he is my brother. I also see Elder Wallace, Bird, and Baird almost on a regular basis. They are doing great with their language and they always look so happy. They taught me how to split an apple with my bare hands, it is pretty cool.

Sunday night we went to a fireside with was absolutely amazing. It was focused on how to teach by the spirit. I had so many impressions on what I need to do to teach by the spirit. We need to pray in faith that it will be there, and we need to listen. Another important thing to do before we go and teach or do just about anything is Plan with the spirit. Yes mom I am beginning to see that your planning is very important and I am learning the principle of planning. I learned that planning with the spirit there we can be guided as to what we will need to teach and what we can do to help.

My companion is Elder Peterson, he is a great guy who helps me out a lot. He is from New Jersey, Piscataway. He comes from a family of 8 with 4 sisters and 1 brother and he is the youngest, also he has a NAC for computers and worked at a call center for a brokerage before coming here. So many likenesses and we get along really good.

We wake up in the morning about 6:25 and we get ready for the day. Most days we have personal study from 7-8:15 and then go to breakfast for 30 minutes come back to the classroom and either have companionship study or get taught by 1 of the 2 teachers, brother Little and brother Jenkins who are awesome. Then we have lunch at 1 PM till 1:30 and then either have missionary directed time aka the Lords directed time lol or have a teacher. Dinner is at 6pm and then we have the same MDT or teacher. We have hit the first lesson pretty hard and we have gone through pretty much the beginning of Preach My Gospel. We learned that PMG is written for missionaries not just for the people. It will also help anyone else who is trying to do member missionary work which everyone should do. It is a wonderful tool to use not just for missionary work but for life. at 9 is planning time and then at 10:15 is quiet time and then 10:30 is lights out. Sundays are much different then I am used to, we HAVE ps (personal study) in the morning then go to priesthood session, then ps or District leadership meeting for me. I did get called to be the DL Thursday night which has been a blessing to me for growth. Then we have sacrament, lunch, and then we have my district meet for more lessons. We can go to choir after that and have more ps. Then we get to go to the fireside and watch a movie afterwards. We watched the restoration, the prophet Joseph Smith and it made me cry like 4 times, it was amazing. We got to walk around the temple and take pictures Sunday, the Provo temple is beautiful.

I got to hear a wonderful quote yesterday, W. Church Hill once said that success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm. What a great quote! There is also one that struck me and I read it before I came "Without God I can't, without me God won't". These have given me strength to continue on learning and evolving into a Superior missionary. I just got back from the Temple today and what a wonderful experience to go through with fellow missionaries and have the peace that I desire to continue in this work without burning myself out. I love how the gospel can apply to every single aspect of my life and I will continue to learn as much as I can so that I can become more like our heavenly father.

I know that this gospel is true, I know that the book of mormon is true I know that this work is the most important that I will do right now and through out my life. I know that God loves each and every one of us and knows what we are going through and is ready to help us at the very moment we ask him. I love you family and am so glad that I could be born of goodly parents to teach me in this gospel so that I can bring others unto Christ.

Love,
Elder W. Tyler Conrad

If you are receiving this email and don't want to be on Tyler's list just reply and let me know and I'll remove you. Carol Ann

No comments: