Wednesday, October 14, 2009

FW: The Fast Weekend!

-----Original Message-----
From: david conrad [mailto:elderconrad@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 2:53 PM
To: caconrad@charter.net
Subject: The Fast Weekend!

Mom- Oct 12, 2009

Well things have been a crazy mess this past week, after having a powerful General Conference Satan has gathered his forces and has really been targeting the weak. This past week so many things have been happening to our investigators, members and recent converts, after fighting the biggest spiritual battle of my life to help these people I have burned myself out.
We had one of our recent converts come to us and ask us for some help out of a very poor situation, she was living in a situation that wasn't conducive to her living the gospel and it had her feeling very guilty. We told this girl her options and we decided to help her move out of the apartment she was in and get her to take the proper actions to resolve the guilt that she was feeling. Then after all the things we did to help her out she went back to it and we haven't heard from her since. It's a very sad story and I am kind of left in a daze thinking about what went wrong and what could have been handle better.
The other day I was reading a quote from President Hinckley where he states the 10 things that missionaries should learn on there missions and one of the things was to learn how parents feel. After thinking about this situation and relating it to other things in my life and searching for an answer I had the thought about how many times you and dad went to bat for me while I was caught up in bad situations. Now I have some of an idea of how you felt when you would get me out of something and then I would get myself right back into it.
Michael Sisco's baptism went very well. This kid is going to be an all star missionary in a year. Dad would have like his testimony that he gave after his baptism, all he said was that he knew that the Book of Mormon is true and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints is the true church. It was an amazing experience for me.
We are slowly getting over concerns that Sou Garcia has. We found out the other day that she is not really living the gospel and it has really hurt her family. We have really been focusing on her now when we go over to teach. We have started to re-teach her everything and try to get her testimony strengthened so that he kids can keep growing in theirs. Last night we had all her kids sign a piece of paper that said, "We promise to stop swearing." During our lesson they had a few choice words they used while talking to each other, so we stopped the lesson and had a "family counsel." I remember the family counsels that we would have when I was back at home; this one was about as intense.
We have seen a lot of miracles with part members lately. We had several of them call us up, or talk to us at church and set dinner appointments up. We are way excited for what is to come in the next few weeks. We are trying to go around to all the part member families around here and see if we can get anywhere with them.
Serving these past few weeks with Elder Buhler has been some of the most growing weeks, we are both unified and we are striving to become better. I am very proud of him and the growth that has taken place; I have trust and confidence in him to do anything and it has really made things less stressful. He totally reminds me of Tyler; in fact the other day while talking to him I called him Tyler. It was pretty funny because I didn't realize what I had said and Elder Buhler just looked at me like I was dumb, and I couldn't figure out why. There were two other missionaries in the car with us when this happened and they got real quiet and just looked at me and I couldn't figure out why until they told me that I had just called Elder Buhler Tyler. Man it's not going to be cool that I won't see him for another two years, we are going to be two complete different people by the time we see each other.
That's it for this week. I hope you have a safe trip to and from Utah. What is Tyler's MTC address? I would like to write him, f you could put that in the hand written letter that would be awesome. I love you Mom!

Love-
Elder Conrad

PS, i can wait till next transfer for you to send out my winter gear, things have turned pretty cold here, but i can hold out till next transfer. This transfer ends on the 6 of November and I will more then likely be sent to a new area.

No comments: