Monday, November 2, 2009

FW: I'm leaving the Fort!

Mom- Nov 2, 2009
Well the reason for the need for a bicycle helmet was because we might have been put into a car share area for a bit. But we aren't and I am getting transferred to Tulsa and my new Companion will be Elder Jacob Begay who is one of the best missionaries out here in the Oklahoma Tulsa Mission. My new address will be:
5215 E 71 Ste300
Tulsa OK 74136 So you all can mail me there now.
Things have been going amazingly well here these past few days. Elder Buhler and I have really been receiving blessings due to our patience and diligence. The other day when we ran out of miles for our car we went on a couple hour walk around Fort Smith and we saw miracle after miracle.
Bre S. is getting baptized this Thursday before I leave and she is way excited for it. This past Sunday when she met the Bishop the first thing she told him was that she was getting baptized! In out last lesson we talked with her to get to know her some more and while we were talking I knew that I had truly found one of the elect of God and that she was going to be a kingdom builder. She has already started to bring friends over to be taught by us and we are teaching her younger sister Rachel who is just as amazing as Bre is. Later today Bre is going to be cooking dinner for us. I am really going to miss Fort Smith and the people that I have taught here. I have told everyone that when I get home I plan on getting in my car and driving back here to visit. So I hope that plan works.
We have seen more blessings with the H.family this week. We went over to their home and had lunch with them and taught their neighbors' boy named Destin, who is another one of Gods elect. He came to church this past Sunday and when he saw me he asked me to baptize him! As we taught him at the H.'s about Alma: 17 we asked him questions and he gave some very powerful answers. He is only nine, but he feels a lot older then that. The H.'s also had us meet their other neighbors and we were able to find others who are receptive.
Michael S. is going to be preparing for a mission. He has really been putting some thought into it and he feels that it is the next thing for him! I'm way excited to keep in contact with him and see what good comes from him.
I am really going to miss this place and these people; I have really formed eternal friendships.
Sorry if this email is short but we are going to teach Alina real quickly before we go play basketball for the last time. We also saw more blessings as we found out this morning that she has moved back into her Grandma's house.

Love your son

Elder D. Kelly Conrad

No comments: