Sunday, January 31, 2010

FW: More is being required Elder Kelly Conrad

Mom and Dad, 31 Jan 2010

I don't really have time to write a full on email with all that is going
on, and tomorrow with all the events that are taking place there wont be
time for me to sit down and get my full hour to email. The week is pretty
much planned out for us and we have no time for anything. The next transfer
is going to go by fast. It seems to me that the farther along I get in my
mission the more is required of me.

So I don't know how to best explain all that has been going on here
these past few days. We have definitely had some trials here these past few
days. We had a storm that hit this past Friday which had us move around
several things that were important. It created some stress and some
disorientation for a while. But things are good now and we are facing the
right direction to take on the winds that are already on there way again.

We got a new companion this past week, his name is Elder Aaron Johnson.
He is one of my new best friends and has taught me a lot in the past few
days that we have been serving with him. He has taught me how to better get
along with others and how to love others with a more Christlike love. Some
times I am amazed at how the Lord works and makes sure that certain
individuals are put into paths that can create the greatest effect in the
life's of others. I can look and see many times throughout my life these
past few months where I have been taught something from someone that has
greatly impacted my life and brought me greater understanding and further
knowledge.

We are getting the chance this week to be instructed by President
Merkley in a mission wide training session. I am excited for it, because it
will be the perfect time for the missionaries to understand the direction
that is being taken.

With the ice storm coming in on Thursday there was a choice made in
moving the transfer day up by twenty four hours. It took a lot of
organization to get the day switched over, and to make sure that
missionaries were fully informed about what was going on. The transfer on
Wednesday went off with out a problem, it was the best transfer loop that we
have ever had.

I've got to go. Sorry this letter is kind of a dud. I hope to have more
time next time.

Love

Elder Conrad

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all
copies of the original message.

No comments: