Monday, April 13, 2009

FW: Jumping Six feet!

We get a new mission president in June, which makes me really sad because I love President and Sister Seal. I think that transfer that they leave we get an extra week added onto it so that the new mission president doesn't have to deal with transfers right off. So that will be fun.

This week has been a pretty amazing week. I got my new companion and we are going to stinking rock Miami! His name is Elder Goodale and he is from Boise Idaho! He is my first companion that isn't from Utah! He is a sweet missionary and isn't reserved and isn't shy about working hard. Which is awesome because it's going to help get this area moving even more! The first day we were together we got 42 otms and 6 lessons. I'm way excited because we are unified and equally yoked and we are just going to plow Miami over! I've already learned a lot for him and have seen some Miracles happening.

The night he got here we had dinner with this really awesome lady that we have never meet. It's a long story to tell but in a round about way, we tracted into her son, Aaron, who I believe I wrote about several weeks ago, and got her interested in feeding us. Her name is Janice and she knows our ward mission leaders wife, Sister Gibson, and the Gibsons son who is now on his mission. He actually was in the MTC the same time that we were. But Janice knew that Elder Gibson was out on a mission and she really liked him, so she wanted to feed us. There are a lot of holes in the whole story but we ended up eating with her and teaching her, all because of these "and it came to passes." It was really a spiritual lesson. It opened her mind to things that she had never thought before and the spirit was there speaking through us. At one point Janice was telling us about an experience that she had one time when she received promptings to do something from the Holy Ghost. When she got done telling us the story I felt propmted to share with her the story of how I was prompted to do something which lead us to eating at her house that night. I told her that one day several weeks ago I was having a troubled day and didn't know where to go and after saying a little prayer I felt prompted to go to a certain street and knock doors. On the third door we knocked on Aaron's door, who is her son and he let us right in and we are now teaching him. And this event, along with other ones lead us to her and the dinner appointment. Man when I was telling that story felt the Spirit so strongly and she even commented on the fact that she felt it. It was so awesome! So now we have a set dinner appointment every Friday with her and her family!

We are going to have three baptisms this week, so we are going to be working hard to get three more dates set and some more solid investigators in our teaching pool. The Lord is definitely blessing us for our hard work and I'm way excited!

Love, Elder David Kelly Conrad

P.S. I just want to give a shout out to my favorite blog stocker and give a plug for Springdale! Woot Woot I miss you and I know that I will be back there some day!

For those interested in Kelly's blog it is http://www.kellysmissionexperience.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Nicole Bolinger said...

Love the shout out!! woot woot! Hope there isn't another blog stalker in Springdale, that would be embarassing!! ;) BTW, Elder Jacobson and his new companion sent us an easter card, with a photo no less!! It made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Dear Elder Sir,
Greetings to you in the name of our Lord jesus christ from sonu kumar and my family and all my church memebrs.
i am sonu kumar serving of God in Uttrakhand last 9 years as a selfsapport preacher. so i am very happy here in this work. today i had chaked your profile. so really i am very happy and very thankful to God that you has chosen me to do this work here..
we want to reach unreach peoples they do not know about jesus christ . in uttrakhand have all peoples hindu tey have worhsipng to idols. so we want to bring all peoples from this drakenss in the the ligth of jesus christ. so please pray for myt ministry ...
here in uttrakhand we have 1070 church memebrsip . they had come from hindu cast but now they are true christian by the grace of God they are very faithful memebrs..
now we have need 500 hindi bibiles and songs book. so it will be good if you will hwelp our ministry becouse we want to preacher among all nation peopels they do not know jesus christ. so please help us.
your small hwelp will be give new life many peoples. they are in darkness. so please help us. please do not ifnor my meail. this is my humble request to you.. when you will send to us your gifts we will send to good report with photos where we will use this money.

so please help us.
thaking you
sonu kumar
in His serve
(sonu_kumar640@yahoo.com)
my wfe id (pinkyjhon134@yahoo.com)