Monday, April 6, 2009

Learning Through Adversity!

Well this week has been a good one, I have seen a ton of success and have been taught a lot. This week has also had its down spots, but the rewards outweigh the bad. The message I got form general confrence was, " Wake up people! Live the gospel and everything will be alright!" I loved Elder Hollands talk because he went deeply into the atonement and helped me to learn more of how it was done. I also like Elder Perry's talks as well because he was calling us all out on not doing missionary work! What he said about missionaries being the most underutilized resource of the church is true, because I often feel that way, as I'm sure thousands of other missionaries do as well. Doing missionary work all comes down to our own undersatnding of what we have as members of Christs true church, this is why President Seal and other mission Presidents persist that we read the scriptures daily and gain our testimonies because as we do we begin to understand the importance of the gospel and what it menas to all mankind!

I learnd a ton from conference and have a long list of things that I have to start appling into my life because of the counsel of the prophet and apostles. I know that as I diligently work and apply what they teach that all will be alright and that as I endure I will return back to Him. The reason I know this is true is because the prophets and apostles speak for God and the words that came out of their mouths are direct instruction from on high and that it is the path that I must take to get back to Him!

So I don't know if you can tell by reading this email the intensity that I have, but I'm stinking fired up! I feel like Nephi when he boldly tells the people in plainess the reality of life and the Savior in the Book of Mormon. I have often had questions these past few weeks about my doings here in Miami, questions if what I was doing was in accordence of Gods will, and when I went out with the assistance to the president the Lord answered my questions. What I was doing was good and for the most part I was heading in the right direction, I was helped in a few areas which have really helped in this past week in seeing that everything is going right.

Elder Robinson is being transferred this next Friday and I am staying to be the senior companion to an Elder Goodale who has been out for four and a half months, I'm way excited for it and way nervious at the same time, but with every companion change I get more and more used to the changes and the first shock of the change.

When we were at Heather Irvins house other day we taught her friends Sarah, who is in a difficult spot. We taught Sarah the restoration of the gospel and watched the Restoration DVD. The spirit was so powerful when we watched that I even felt it! It was so awesome to sit there and think of Joseph Smith and that simple question that he took to the Lord in prayer, and the monumental answer that he received and how that single event years ago has affected my life and has brought me out here on a mission. The gospel is so true!!

Love your son
Elder david Kelly Conrad

No comments: