Monday, May 25, 2009

Mountain Home!

Kelly just transferred to Mountain Home Arkansas Friday of last week and was made district leader.

His new address is:
229 Hill Crest Rd,
Mountain Home, AR 72653


Things are pretty crazy for me right now, what I mean is schedule wise it's pretty crazy. With my new area came some more resposabilities and because of it I'm not getting to have a preperation day this week. Normally holidays are proselyting days for us, even if it is on a Monday. But I have gotten special permission to email today because it's looking like Thursday will be the next clear day to have my preperation day. So I have time to write anyone till Thursday and in my letter I'll go into more detail about whats going on.
I miss Miami alot, not only because I loved the people that became my friends, or the way sweet ward that we had and the commitment they all had, but because of the feel of the town. The Spirit was in more abundance there in Miami then it is here in Mountain Home. I don't know how to really explain what I'm saying other then just saying that it feels diffrent.
My new companion is Elder Clinger from Idaho Falls and has been out for 3 months. He is a way sweet missionary and has a ton of potential, we are working our hardest to get this area moving again. Its been a fun few days. This past Friday I got sick and its been really tough for me to focus and remember things so this is testing the patiance of Elder Clinger and myself.
I've learned a lot about being a part of something bigger then just myself. I am in a Band or Brotherhood with all the missionaries in the district, zone, mission, and the World! It might not make sense to you but to me I now see that my individual efforts mean more then I can comprehend as I combine my efforts with those in the world. For example, we all know that the church is 13 and something million strong and that we have a misionary force of 52,000, but most of the time we don't really get the magnitude of those statistics, these are not just numbers, they are our fellow saints.
We went back last week and taught Megan Loden and she is going to be one of the sweetest people that Elder Goodale will be teaching this transfer. We taught her about the apostasy and the restoration which was really powerful, she told us that she was going to come to church this past Sunday and that she wanted to learn more. So I will have to get back to you and let you know if she made it.
Another miracle that happened last week was with Jared Mountford. I think I mentioned Carrie Mountford before and that we taught her family during Conferance. But they kind of slipped away for a bit and we lost contact with them. Well after last weeks miracle of borrowing his tools I had built up enough confidence to called Jared and set up a meeting with him. Well when we got to his shop he was getting ready to take off and feed his cattle, so we hopped into his truck and helped him with that. The whole time we talked about jobs, the world and other topics that we could and then we were lead into a gospel themed conversation. We taught Jared the apostasy and the restoration right there in his truck, it was so sweet! We were able to break down some of the barriers that he had up by taking a spiritual jack hammer to it! Just before I left on Friday we got a phone call informing us that Jared and his whole family were coming to church on sunday!
I miss Miami but soon Mountain Home will be a place of miracles and blessings and I won't want to leave this place!
Mom I'll write more later, but just to give you a heads up, I might be using my home card today to be buying somethings, nothing too big, just a little food, like some ramen or something.

Love,
Elder David Kelly Conrad

PS I did send a box home with some stuff in it.

No comments: