Monday, May 18, 2009

My Joy Is Full!

Well I am getting transferred. I'm getting moved to the farthest east part of the Mission. My new address will be:
229 Hill Crest Rd,
Mountain Home, AR 72653

This past week has been filled with miracles and I have yet again past some very tough milestones in my missionary work. I learned and gained a testimony of a principle that has been taught to me from the very beginning of my mission. The prnciple is this; When ever I talk to anyone listen to them, then listen to the Spirit and what He is telling me to tell them, tell the person what is prompted, then quickly bear testimony about the restoration. This principle can be used anywhere in the world and I have received many blessings from doing this. We are up to our teeth with people who want us to teach them and I am pretty sad that I have to leave them all.

This past Saturday after our 10:00 appointment we were left with a void in the day because of an appointment not being home. So when this happens we start thinking about where we are sopposed to be and who comes to mind to drop by. Well Elder Goodale says, " lets go see Julio." So I start heading to Julios house, when we got there and parked Elder Goodale looks at me with this weird look on his face and tells me that we are nowhere near Julios house. Where we were park was at another investigators house whose name is Padro. Instead of getting out and going to Padros I take off to go to the originally planned drop by at Julios. When I drove away I got this very sick feeling and I felt very impressed to go back and help Padro with something. So I told Elder Goodale that Julio can wait and I turned around. We found Padro working on his car, he was taking out the CV joint on his Pontiac Grand Prix and was having troubles with getting the axle nut off. Well when I saw the problem I got the thought to go to a shop that was around the corner that is owned by another investigator that we are teaching. So We told Padro that we would be back with some tools to help him out. We went to the shop that Jared and Carrie Mountford owns and it looked like they weren't there, but when we went up to the door it was open. We found Jared and I asked if we could borrow a breaker bar and a long pipe to help out Padro. We made several trips back and forth from the shop to Padros borrowing tools until we got everything apart, we weren't able to stay and see Padro all the way through the repair but I told Padro what to expect and what to do with the part and how to put it back in and we left. We then went back to Jareds and gave the tools back and then the miracle happens. See we have taught Jareds wife several times and she has come to church faithfully for several weeks but Jareds been holding her back a little and we have been struggelling with finding time to teach Jared and build a relationship with him. When we took the tools back to him we got to talking about cars and things and then we got on a gospel topic and instead of my usuall tactic of suger coating it I was real honest with him. I told him that what we teach will bless his life and his family forever and that I wanted to teach him at least one time before I left. He gave us his phone number and we are going over in a couple of days! Oh and Padro got his car back together and its running perfectly. And the miracle with Padro is that the car was his wifes car and she is a hardcore Catholic that didn't really like us, but that changed!

I have learned a lot these past few weeks here and I am still learning. Obedience is the most important thing I learned. My joy has been full these past few weeks because of how obedient we have been and the blessing that we are receiving from Heavenly Father.


Another long story and miracle, we got a call from the mission home this week giving us a referral from another mission. The referral was from a recent convert that lives in Arizona who has a daughter that lives here in Miami. Well the reason for the referral was because this recent converts daughter, Megan Loden was sick in the hospital and we were asked if we could go and give her a blessing. Well we went and it turns out that it wasn't Megan that was sick but it was her 2 year old daughter Heather that was sick. She had had a 104 degree fever for 2 days and the doctors couldn't find out why. We taught Megan a little about what the blessing was going to be about and that we are able to give it because we are worthy priesthhod holders. We gave Heather a blessing that she would recover and be healed. After the blessing we got Megans cell number and told her that we would call to see how Heather is doing in a couple of days. Well when we called in a couple of days we found out that Heather was released the next day and that she is doing really well. Megan then tells us that she has never seen anything like this before and wants to come to church and learn more about it. So we are now going to teach her this Wednesday!

The way transfers work here is that we have several points through out the mission that is convenient to meet at, like for me I will go to Joplin which is 45 minutes away and be with other missionaries who are waiting to be transferred as well. We have what we call the south loop and north loop, which just means that one car pool starts going south and the other moving north but they both start from Tulsa. The car pool consists of Chevy Silverados, Colorados and a van that we call the "Bull" that pulls a trailer. They just go from point to point picking up pre designated elders, or sisters and takes them to the nearest drop off point near our areas. Like for me and my transfer it will take like 3 hours to get to my drop off point and then it will be a 30 minute drive to my area.
I have just learned while sitting here that I'm not going to be able to see any of the endings of the miracles that I've been able to be apart of these past few weeks and it makes me way sad. But I guess what I can learn from this is the true meaning of being apart of a band of brotherhood and not seek my own.

That's all for this week , I love you and thank you for all that you've done for me.


Love,
Elder David Kelly Conrad

1 comment:

Nicole Bolinger said...

ELder Conrad sound like he is doing WONDERFUL!!! Very inspiring! It will have to use the advise he said in the first paragraph. LISTEN to them and then the spirit...Got it. I actually have a friend that I have been talking to about the church so I will do that next time we get into a religious discussion!!! ;) Thanks, Elder Conrad or Elder Conrads mother for sharing!