Monday, March 22, 2010

FW: A Very Long Week. Elder Kelly Conrad

Mom and Dad 21 March 2010

This week has been a very draining and rewarding one. We have
gotten a lot done and have begun to set things in order.

So I washed my whites the other day and compared one of my
shirts to one of the shirts of a younger missionary that lives with us and
mine looked more like a grey shirt. "You know you're an old missionary
when..." I'm just thankful that I have all the hair I came out with! There
are a lot of missionaries out here who have started going bald.

We went to Amy H's this week with President Merkley and had
dinner. She had read and did the home work we left her last time and had
questions prepared about the Plan of Salvation. It was so neat to teach and
answer her questions. We set a baptism date for the tenth of April that she
is very excited for. She bought her own set of scriptures and has started
reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning. She's doing really well.

Mom I have been trying to pace myself and follow your advice and
it has really been helping out. Your letter you sent about only "being sharp
when given time to be sharpened" has really helped me put things into
perspective. I guess you can say I have been caught up in the motion of
everything that has been going on and have allowed myself to get pulled into
so many directions that I lost focus on what matter most. Thank you for the
letter.

The things I have learned recently have been lessons concerning
leadership. A lesson I learned awhile ago was that leadership is really
followship. I am not here pushing my own agenda, but to push the Lord's. I
am now learning that if you are really want to do what the Lord wants you to
do its going to take everything out of you to do it. Yes you are made equal
to the task but that doesn't mean that it will be easy. It seems to me that
being made equal in Gods eyes is to figure out the point where you would
break and then He takes you past that point and lets you learn how to be
equal through the Gospel and Jesus Christ. I read an interesting scripture
today while in church. It is in the Doctrines and Covenants section 95 verse
1. It is the answer to my prayers, "Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you
whom I love, and whom I love I also chasten that their sins may be forgiven,
for with the chastisement I prepare a way for their deliverance in all
things out of temptation, and I have loved you-"Basically what I got out of
it was that sometimes the trials I go through are to help me to receive
forgiveness and help to learn a better way of doing things.

I love you and thank you for all that your doing and I thank you
for sharing with me what you're learning. It really helps me out.

Love,

Elder Kelly Conrad

NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all
copies of the original message.

No comments: